Why CoolSculpting Works
Freezing fat without surgery or downtime? It sounds too good to be true. However, there is science backing up the revolutionary non-invasive treatment called CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting has become one of the most popular bodysculpting procedures in the cosmetic world, and we’re here to break down the science behind it.
How Popsicles Led to the Discovery of CoolSculpting:
- Believe it or not, the science of cryolipolysis (A.K.A CoolSculpting) came about after children who ate popsicles formed dimples on their cheeks.
- Two scientists at Harvard University, Dr. Rox Anderson and Dr. Dieter Mansetin were very interested in finding out what caused this. They discovered that the cold temperates from the popsicles were eliminating small pockets of fat within children’s’ faces.
- From this discovery, the two doctors concluded that fat cells could be targeted with freezing temperatures to induce lipolysis, which is the break down of fat cells.
Behind the Technology:
- Fat cells are much more sensitive to cold temperatures than surrounding tissue. This is why the temperature at which the cooling takes place is key to the technology.
- The device utilizes controlled cooling, cryolipolysis to drop the temperature of the skin down to the point where fat cells become eliminated.
- The surface of the skin, as well as the surrounding tissue, is not affected or harmed in any way. This is due to the exact precision of the technology.
Download this infographic to learn more about the science behind CoolSculpting
Permanent Reduction of Fat Cells:
- When you diet and exercise, your fat cells shrink, and when you gain weight, they become enlarged. However, with CoolSculpting, the fat cells are eliminated, meaning that they cannot return or expand with weight gain.
- Once the Fat Cells are frozen, they are gone forever and gradually get cleaned out of the fat layer through your body’s immune cells. The liver metabolizes the cells and then excretes them from the body, leaving you with an overall slimmer physique.
- The fat cells leave the body for 3-4 months, and you will begin to notice the treated area becoming smoother and tighter.
- With just one CoolSculpting treatment, you can expect to see up to a 25% reduction in fat.
There have been thousands of clinical studies as well as hundreds of research articles published that confirm the science and technology behind CoolSculpting to be safe and effective. If you would like to learn more about the science behind CoolSculpting or interested in trying it check out our site or come in for a FREE consultation